Sunday, December 7, 2014

Our Weekend

This weekend was the complete opposite of last--full of relaxation and lots of time at home.  It was so nice...although it doesn't make for a very interesting or exciting blog post.  Ha!

Saturday was cold and rainy--a perfect day to spend at home.  We spent the day in our pajamas.  We watched Christmas movies, played with Aniston, and had a really great day.  That evening we got ready and met B's parents for dinner.  We went to Cracker Barrel, which used to be one of my least favorite restaurants (except for breakfast).  My parents always did (and still do) lots of home cooking, so I could not for the life of me figure out why anyone would go out to dinner for that kind of food.  Ha!  Well, now I'm the one in charge of dinner most nights, and I most definitely don't cook like that, so I loved Cracker Barrel last night.  We made a quick trip to Target, then opted to come back home and do some Christmas shopping online rather than go from store to store with Aniston in tow.


Today has been a regular Sunday for us.  B went to church, but Aniston and I didn't get ready in time so I tuned in online.  (I love that the online option is available, by the way.  I miss worship when I'm not there, but it's so nice for those days when you just can't get it all together.)  Today was what we call "Mamaw Ruth Sunday"--the first Sunday of the month--so we had our regular lunch with Mamaw Ruth, Papaw Burl, and my mom's side of the family.  We had it at our house this month, and it was a fun afternoon. 

Now we're preparing for another Monday.  Only three Mondays until Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment