Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Five

Happy Friday, friends!  Fridays are always appreciated, but even more so when Monday is a holiday.  Who doesn't love a long weekend?!  I'm looking forward to a fun weekend, but, first, my Friday Five!

1| Papa
I've always noticed that people seem different after becoming grandparents, but I never imagined Aniston would cause such a change in my dad.  Don't get me wrong--he was/is a great dad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the papa he is!  He kept Aniston more than usual this week, and they did all kinds of fun (and totally out-of-character for him) things.  They painted (with finger paint, no less), made a snow globe, baked cupcakes...and if you know my dad at all, I'm sure your mouth is hanging open in shock right now.  (Mine definitely was.)  Aniston can talk him into anything, and he loves every minute of it.  It's sweet to see, and I love the relationship she has with him. 

2| Essential Oils
I started using essential oils a few months ago.  I was pretty skeptical in the beginning, but I did lots of research and decided to give them a try.  And I am completely sold.  I love them.  (And B is slowly becoming a little less skeptical, too. :))  We've used them so often and for so many things--peppermint for headaches and nausea, Valor for knee pain, lavender or Peace and Calming before bed, a blend of peppermint, lavender, and lemon for allergies...the list goes on and on.  I'm a huge fan of modern medicine, but I'm glad to have the oils to help my family, too.  Which leads me to...

3| Germs, Germs, Everywhere
There's never a shortage of germs during the winter, but this year seems to be so much worse!  My facebook feed has been full of the flu, stomach bugs, and all sorts of yucky stuff.  I've been diffusing Thieves at home every evening and applying it to my feet (and Aniston's too) daily.  It's not fail-proof by any means, but I'm doing everything I can to keep us healthy!

4| I Don't Like Mean Guys
B had to pick up a few things at Walmart yesterday and decided to get Despicable Me for a family movie night.  We watched it for all of ten minutes, most of which Aniston spent pressing her face into my arm and yelling, "I don't like mean guys!  I don't like this show!"  The child has a very clear sense of right and wrong, and doesn't appreciate a villain--even a funny one.

5| Weekend Plans
Our plans this weekend consist of exciting things like watching the new episode of Sofia the First, organizing Aniston's closet, and cleaning.  Big plans, I tell you. :)

Have a great weekend, y'all!


This week, I'm linking up with:






                                                                                    Amy

                                                                                 Christina

                                                                                    Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment