Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve

As I sit here writing this, I can't believe it's twenty minutes away from being 2015.  Growing up, my mom always warned me that as you got older, time seemed to pass faster.  I'm sure I rolled my eyes then, but I completely understand that now. 

(Amazingly, she was right about all sorts of things that caused me to roll my eyes.  It still shocks me sometimes how right she was.)

(Side note--I really hope Aniston isn't an eye roller.)

Anyway, time is passing quickly and, somehow, it's New Year's Eve again.  This year is a little different because B is filling in for a band tonight.  (I was very sad and downhearted and a smidge dramatic about it being our first New Year's Eve apart in thirteen years....until B reminded me that it wasn't.  His band had played a couple of years ago on New Year's Eve.  Obviously that left an impression on me.)  Aniston and I went to dinner with friends and had a fun night.

Maybe 2015 will be the year Aniston decides to cooperate for pictures.  Ha!

As we were eating frozen yogurt tonight, Kennedy very seriously said,  "I bet Bradley is sad he's not here."  It made me laugh because, really, who wouldn't want to be eating frozen yogurt on New Year's Eve with plans to be home before bedtime?  :)  Now Aniston is asleep and I'm blogging in my pajamas.  (Oh, how things change as you get older.  Ha!) 

2014 was a good year, filled with lots of fun and laughter.  We shared many milestones and firsts with Aniston, we celebrated with friends and family, and B and I grew closer than ever before.

I can honestly say that I've never been happier than I am right now.  As the ball drops and we welcome 2015, I can't think of a better way to begin a new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment