Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Random Things

I haven't blogged in such a long time.  This is mostly due to the fact that for the last three months I haven't been able to keep my eyes open past 7pm.  (Sadly, I'm not exaggerating.)  This pregnancy has been so different than the last one--I've been nauseous and exhausted constantly.  Combine that with having an energetic three year old at home, and you have a recipe for something very close to a disaster.  It's for a wonderful reason, though, and I'm very aware of how blessed we are.  If feeling so rotten means that all is well with the baby, I'll take it. :)  Last Saturday was the twelve week mark, and I'm counting on a wonderful, energy-filled second trimester...because my to-do list is far too long for 7:00 bedtimes. 

Aniston's birthday is next Wednesday, and she'll be four.  (How is that even possible?!)  I'm in the process of planning her birthday party, and this year's theme is the easier, the better.  As difficult as it is for me, I'm letting go of the cutesy stuff and keeping things simple this time.  We've even decided to have her party at a jumpy place instead of here.  I may not win the prize for mother of the year with this party, but at least I'll survive it.

Speaking of Aniston, I should note that we have entered the "Why?" stage.  I thought we were in it before, but I was terribly, horribly wrong.  I've realized that the whys are a snowball-type of thing and can get out of control in a hurry.  On the way to church on Sunday, I answered no less than 50 "Why?" questions, including, "Why don't dinosaurs live here anymore?"  That led to the question of what happened to the dinosaurs, and, as I'm sure you can imagine, my response of "No one really knows for sure," held no merit for my child.  She then came up with a dozen possible scenarios, ending with, "I bet it was a chicken that did it."  Because we all know that chickens are fierce dinosaur hunters.

B, Aniston, and I watched Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast last night and it was easily the saddest movie ending I've seen in awhile.  At one point, B looked at me and said, "Are you crying?!"  And I'm not even much of a movie crier.  In other news, B and I realized that Ethel looks more like a Neverbeast than a schnauzer.  We've always known she was a little off.  Bless her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment