Saturday, April 25, 2015

Catching Up: April


We have had a really busy month so far.  I mentioned this to someone last week, and the person responded with something like, "Well, at least you aren't bored."  Very true.  There's no time for boredom around here. 

Spring break was absolutely wonderful, but not nearly long enough.  (Is it ever?!)  My big project for the week was cleaning out Aniston's room so her new furniture could be delivered, and I managed to accomplish that while only having a slight nervous breakdown.  Turns out, my child is a bit of a hoarder and could be the charter member of Stuffed Animals Anonymous.  Bless her heart. 

This isn't even all of them.

B's parents gave us season passes to Carowinds for Christmas, and we used them for the first time during spring break.  The lady who took the pictures for the passes had the hardest time getting Aniston to smile and not make crazy eyes.  Finally, she said good enough and let her go after she realized it wasn't going to get any better.  (Welcome to my life, lady.  Just imagine what family pictures are like these days.)  Aniston happily rode every ride she was tall enough for, all while announcing that she could ride anything she wanted to because there wasn't a baby in her belly.  (That was because of a conversation we had on the way there about how her daddy would be riding most of the rides with her instead of me.  It made an impression, apparently.)  We had a great day and I was so proud of her behavior--even though it was hot and she was tired by the end of the day.  We really do have an amazing kid...even if she doesn't care to have her picture taken. :)

Aniston and Colton



 
We also took Aniston to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time this month.  Thanks to Disney Jr. and the commercials, she had been begging to go see "Chuckie Cheese Mouse" for the longest time.  (I could just die of the cuteness every time she says that!)  She thought it was the best place ever, and is absolutely in love with the mouse himself.


Baby #2 is continuing to do well.  At last week's OB appointment, his/her heart rate was in the 150s.  We go for the big anatomy scan on Tuesday.  I'm looking forward to finding out if this little one is a boy or a girl, but more so I'm praying for a healthy baby.  Aniston can't wait to know if she's getting a brother or sister, but she's very serious about her role as big sister regardless.  She sings songs to my belly, makes sure I take my vitamins every day, and constantly asks, "Is that good for the baby?" about whatever I'm doing, eating, etc. at that time.  It's sweet and hilarious and I love her so much.  This baby is lucky to have a big sister who loves him/her so much already.

No comments:

Post a Comment