Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

For several years, Mother's Day was a difficult day for me.  I spent that day every year wondering if I would ever have a baby and mourning the loss of our first.  It was a miserable time, and, even though I wanted to celebrate my own mom, it was hard.

So today (and every other day, because it's never far from my mind), I have to acknowledge how blessed I am.  I am so, so grateful for the precious four year old who said, "Happy Mother's Day!" constantly today and, like always, was quick to tell me how much she loved me.  I'm grateful for my sweet B, who made sure today was special...and stopped for banana ice cream even though I'm pretty sure he didn't really want to.  And, of course, I'm grateful for the little girl who is thumping around in my belly...and whose presence was the cause of her daddy actually stopping for said banana ice cream. :)  I'm thankful for an amazing mama and mother-in-law who have shown me so much love over the years.

My day was absolutely wonderful.  We heard a great sermon this morning, went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants with my parents, took a nap, and then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening outside.  It was a beautiful, perfect Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment