Saturday, July 18, 2015

30 Weeks


At 30 weeks, we're in the final stretch of this pregnancy.  It's hard to believe that in a little over two months, we'll be bringing another baby home!  Honestly, I feel a bit overwhelmed when I think about it (and how many things need to be done before she arrives), but I'm so excited and thankful.  There were lots of times I begged God for just one baby, and I remember those times and that feeling of desperation so well.  Now we're close to having our second baby, and that's something we never even dared to hope for during all those trips to REACH and years of fertility treatments.  It's such a surreal feeling. 

Things are going well.  I'm still measuring a week ahead, and Harper's heart rate has been in the normal range at every appointment.  I failed the one hour glucose test at my 28 week appointment, and that was kind of a surprise for both me and my doctor since I didn't have gestational diabetes with Aniston.  Reluctantly (and tearfully), I went back for the three hour test last week.  It was not fun (although Harper seemed to enjoy the extra sugar) and those three hours were possibly the longest of my life, but I made it.  Thankfully, the results were within normal limits, so no worries there.

I'm feeling great, but big and tired.  (I know--that's only going to get worse.)  My blood pressure has been fantastic, and I've only had issues with swelling when I'm on my feet for a long time.  Being off this summer has helped a lot, and, right now, I don't have any of the problems I had with Aniston at this point.  We're all aware that this could change as soon as I go back to work in August, and I'm still being monitored closely, but we'll deal with that if/when the time comes.

Harper is definitely a mover!  She moves constantly throughout the day, but does an especially fabulous gymnastics routine first thing in the morning--usually around 6:30 or 7.  I wasn't able to feel Aniston move nearly this much because of an anterior placenta, so feeling Harper has been different and fun.  She makes a point of kicking hard when Aniston sits on my lap and leans against my belly, and Aniston thinks that's hilarious. 

We've scheduled the c-section, and somehow that makes things even more real.  If all goes as planned, we'll be meeting Harper on September 21!  :)

We're praying for a healthy, safe final nine weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment