Monday, July 13, 2015

Our Weekend: Shopping, Swimming, and a Party

I'm pretty sure I look forward to the weekend just as much in the summer as I do any other time of the year.  I don't work during the summer, but B does, and I look forward to having us all here on the weekends.  (And, I admit, I also look forward to having two full days with two parents.  Aniston always has a TON of energy, and my energy is waning fast these days.  Ha!)

We had a quiet night here on Friday.  We grilled hamburgers, and then watched Aniston play after dinner.  We're trying to 'unplug' more, and it was so nice to be able to concentrate on her and each other without someone having a phone, iPad, or laptop in hand.  Honestly, we need to do that all the time, but it's such a temptation to check facebook, instagram, or email often.  We're trying, though!

On Saturday, I went shopping for some things for Harper's nursery and my mom tagged along.  Usually, when we go shopping, Aniston goes with us, but that day she opted to go with B on a daddy-daughter date instead.  The two of them had a great time, and I got to spend some time with my mom.  Win-win, I think.  We visited several stores and found some cute things and then went to lunch.  We enjoyed our time together, and I came home feeling much more prepared for Harper.

One of our church campuses has a Saturday service, and B was part of the worship team there on Saturday night, so Aniston and I were on our own.  We went to a cousin's birthday party.  Abigail had a luau-themed fifth birthday party, and it was lots of fun.  Aniston LOVED playing in the lake!



After church on Sunday, we had a quick lunch at home and then went swimming at B's parents'. That evening, B washed my car while I watched Aniston ride her bike on the driveway.  (So, so thankful I'm married to a man who washes my car without me even having to ask.  That could be because I chose to buy a black car this time, and he's afraid I'll scratch the paint somehow, but whatever.  I'm just grateful!)
It was a nice evening to end a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment