Friday, August 14, 2015

Five on Friday




1| Harper
I had an appointment on Wednesday to check on Harper.  Everything is going well, and her heart rate is in the 140s.  She's still big--measuring at over 36 weeks when I'll only be 34 tomorrow.  Dr. H says she's in the 78th percentile, and he's anticipating a healthy, chubby baby at the end of September.  Lots of people have asked if the c-section date will be adjusted, and the short answer is no.  Barring any complications, we're still looking at September 21.  Dr. H is sure of the due date and, even though he says it will be a very uncomfortable month for me, it's what's best for Harper.

2| Classroom Progress
A few weeks ago, we (and by 'we' I mean several other people--I only supervised) painted two of my classroom walls.  Last week, I decided I really, really needed the front wall painted (it looked so...blah compared to the others).  Thankfully, I have a husband and dad who went along with my whim and painted for me on Tuesday night.  I still have lots to do on the teacher workdays next week, but I'm happy with the progress so far.

3| Speaking of Teacher Workdays...
I can't believe the summer is over.  I'm ready to get back in the classroom (even if it is only until September 21), but, at the same time, I'm not quite ready to give up my days with Aniston--even if some of those days have been very, very difficult.  Which leads me to...

4| Four is Worse than Two
We made it through the so-called Terrible Twos with very few (major) tantrums.  The Terrific Threes were, well, terrific.  But four?  Oh. my. word.  Tantrum after tantrum, an unparalleled level of stubbornness, arguing with nearly everything I say, constantly bargaining instead of listening to directions, lots of attitude...mercy.  I have just been so frazzled by the end of the day sometimes.  Why didn't anyone warn me about this?!  I keep reminding myself that it's just a passing phase and will be over soon--or at least I hope it is!

5|  B's Birthday
We celebrated B's 34th birthday on Wednesday.  (He was 19 when we started dating.  There's nothing quite like a realization like that to make you feel like time really is flying.)  I'm so thankful for the person he is, and for another year together!

Have a great weekend, friends!

I'm linking up with April and Amy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment