Friday, September 4, 2015

Five on Friday



1| Busy, busy, busy
After a nearly three week break from the blog, I'm back!  I made it through a week of teacher workdays and two weeks of the new school year--whew!  We're off to a great start.  The days have been long and tiring--like they always are at the beginning of the year--because there's just so much to do after the students go home, but it has been great.  I love third grade, and I'm enjoying getting to know this group of kids. 

2| September
When we found out we were expecting in January, September seemed so far away--too far away to even fathom, really.  When I flipped the calendar page to September on Tuesday, I a) couldn't believe it, and b) couldn't believe how many things were written in the tiny squares already.  It's going to be a busy--but good--month!  Aniston starts preschool next week (more on that in a minute), Eric and Chelsea are getting married next weekend, and we're having a baby.  All of those things are exciting by themselves, but when you put them all together, that's a lot of life for just one month!

3| Preschool
Earlier in the summer, I mentioned we had enrolled Aniston in a half-day preschool program at a local church.  We really think it will be great for her, and we're excited to see her learn and grow this year.  She had orientation a few weeks ago, and I was so nervous for her.  I quickly realized there wasn't any need for me to worry, though, when she came to me (the parents were encouraged to stay to watch) and asked when B and I were leaving...and was pretty disappointed when I said we weren't.  Ha!  I hope that's a sign of good things to come.  Going to preschool for the first time and then welcoming a baby sister two weeks later is a lot of change for a four year old (and our little family).  I'm praying it all goes well.

4| Baby Update
Counting today, we're seventeen days and a morning away from meeting Harper Shea!  My appointments are weekly now, and everything is still going well.  My doctor had worried about my blood pressure going up when I went back to work, but, thankfully, that hasn't been the case.  She's still measuring ahead, but we haven't had an ultrasound lately so we're not really sure how big this little girl is going to be.  I can't believe we're this close!

5| And yet...
We're still not ready for her.  (Is anyone surprised by that?)  We're getting there, but we're just not quite ready yet.  There are still several things that need to be done or purchased, and hopefully we'll take care of most of those this weekend.  (Maybe.)  I do have a bag packed, and I'm pretty proud of that...since I didn't have one ready with Aniston and had to give our parents lists of things to bring to the hospital.  Harper's hospital things are ready, too, and I'm working on getting Aniston's stuff together for her nights with grandparents.  B installed Harper's carseat in my car earlier this week.  It's so strange to look back there and see two carseats!

Have a great (long!) weekend, friends! :)

I'm linking up with April and Amy today.


No comments:

Post a Comment