Monday, November 23, 2015

Our Weekend: A Feast and a Tree

Our weekend was busy...just like I'm sure every weekend between now and Christmas will be!  

On Friday, B and I went to a Thanksgiving feast at Aniston's preschool.  Aniston had talked about the feast all week, and was so excited to have two guests with her at school that day.  The three year old class dressed as Pilgrims, and the four year old class dressed as indians.  There was a short program filled with songs, and it was the cutest thing!  




We left the girls with their grandparents Friday night (Aniston with B's parents, colicky Harper with mine--Aniston is so over Harper crying) and served Thanksgiving dinner at Celebrate Recovery with our church.  We enjoyed serving (even though it confirmed that I have no business being a waitress, ever.) and the girls had fun, too.

We spent Saturday in the mountains looking for the perfect Christmas tree.  Normally, I'm a stickler for absolutely no Christmas before Thanksgiving.  No Christmas music, no Christmas movies, and definitely no Christmas decorations.  But B is working on Friday, and he's part of the worship team at church on both Saturday night and Sunday morning, so we wouldn't be able to go get a tree until the next weekend.  And who wants to wait until December 5th to get a tree?  So, I went against my usual belief that Thanksgiving deserves it's own time and decorations and now we have a tree in the house a week before Thanksgiving.  And now that the tree's here, I feel like I might as well just go ahead and decorate the whole house and just be done with it, but we'll see what happens.  

Anyway, it was a fun trip and Harper did really, really well...much better than we expected.  We definitely beat the crowd this year--there was only one other family on the hayride, and we didn't have to wait in line to pay or pick up the tree--and that has encouraged me to rethink my stance on the whole thing.  It was so much quicker and easier than last year! Eric and Chelsea went with us, and we had a great time.

 I have to point out that, yes, Harper's little leg is exposed to the cold, but  
she had a blanket wrapped around her the entire time except for when we were taking this picture.  
So, not a complete fail on my part.  


We didn't make it to church on Sunday.  I love that we have the option to watch online when things don't go as planned. (The website is www.christnc.com if you're interested...or if you're local and looking for a church, we'd love to have you at the Lincolnton campus!)  We spent the rest of the day getting the tree situated, grocery shopping, and preparing for the week ahead.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I'm looking forward to hosting our family on Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment