Saturday, December 19, 2015

Five on Friday: The Early Saturday Morning Version

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm finally sitting down to write this post at 1am , so technically it's Saturday, but let's not get caught up in the details.  I have to snatch tiny bits of alone time when they present themselves...even if it's in the wee hours of the morning. 



1| Blog Absenteeism
So, obviously, I haven't been blogging much lately.  We had a wonderful time celebrating Harper's first Thanksgiving, and then I returned to work on the following Monday.  It was a bittersweet time.  I miss being at home with the girls, but I love my job and my colleagues.  Trying to balance home and work has been stressful at times to say the least, but we've settled back into a routine.  I think getting back to a normal schedule has really helped Aniston, and being away during the day makes me appreciate my time at home even more.  Between returning to work and the Christmas season, things have been busy, busy, busy.

2| Christmas Fun
We've loved sharing the Christmas season with Aniston this year.  She's at such a fun age.  She has an Elf on the Shelf (Sparkle) and loves looking for her each morning.  (Sparkle may be the most boring elf in the history of shelves, but even a very dull elf is fun for a four year old.)  (Also, I've told B that Sparkle won't show up next year until the week before Christmas.  A whole month of an elf is just too much for me.)  Aniston's preschool had a Christmas program last week, and it was just the sweetest thing.  She was also a part of a Christmas choir at church last Sunday, and it was precious too.  Cuteness overload, let me tell you.

3| Speaking of Christmas....
I simply can't believe that Christmas is next week.  Where has the year gone?!  I'm still preparing at a semi-frantic pace.  Tonight Brooke and I left the kids and husbands at home and declared we wouldn't be back until both of our lists were finished.  We left at 5:30 and didn't get home until well after 10.  I'm so tired, but so thankful that, with the exception of just a few tiny things, I'm finally finished!  Now, I haven't wrapped a single gift, but I'm telling myself I have all next week for that.

4| Harper
Harper turned three months old on the 16th!  I'm working on her monthly post.  I just can't believe how quickly time is passing, and how much she has grown!

5| Christmas Break
As of this afternoon at 3:15, I'm on Christmas break.  I'm  thrilled to have two weeks at home with the girls!  I have a long list of things I want to do with them: see Santa, go to McAdenville for the lights, bake cookies, do random acts of kindness with Aniston...my list goes on and on.  I'm determined to squeeze as much fun as possible into the next two weeks! 

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment