Thursday, May 5, 2016

Catching Up: April in Review

I constantly promise myself that I'll blog more often, but it just isn't happening right now.  We're much too busy living life to sit and write about it, and, while I miss blogging, that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)  So I'm writing when I can and cutting myself some slack when it comes to such things.  Harper's monthly posts are usually behind, and I still haven't finished and published Aniston's birthday post (she turned five in March), but it's all okay. 

It's the first week of May, and I'm not sure how that happened exactly, other than we're too caught up in the day-to-day living to realize how quickly time is passing.  April was busy, fun, and full of good things.


Aniston's preschool class visited the elementary school she'll be attending in August.  It was a bit overwhelming for me to realize that she's thisclose to starting kindergarten, but I'm trying to be okay with it.  At least we'll be in the same school for the next six years--that's definitely one of the perks of being a teacher.  They toured the kindergarten classrooms, ate lunch in the cafeteria, and played on the playground.




Aniston also had her kindergarten screening this month.  Be still my heart.  How can it be time for kindergarten already?



Aniston had a couple of sleepovers with grandparents last month, and B and I enjoyed some time with just Harper.  That doesn't happen for Harper often (second child problems), and she loved having our undivided attention.





We also had a date night with just Aniston.  We took her to Kobe's, a Japanese hibachi restaurant.  It was her first experience there, and she was fascinated with the whole thing--except the fire.  When the chef started a large fire on the hibachi grill, Aniston dove under the table.  It was hilarious!  I've never seen her move that fast before, and we, with the chef's help, had to coax her back into her seat by promising that there would be no more fire.  Bless her.





And, of course, there has been lots of playing.  The older Harper gets, the more opportunities the girls have to play together.  It's the sweetest thing to watch them!







No comments:

Post a Comment