Friday, July 1, 2016

Five on Friday



1| Summer Fridays
Even though it's summer and I'm not working, I still look forward to Fridays just as much.  Two days of family time?  Yes, please! 

2| Harper's Well Check
Harper had her nine month well check yesterday.  After a thorough exam, her pediatrician announced that all signs of torticollis are completely gone!  I knew her neck strength and flexibility had improved a lot, but it was great to hear it from Dr. P.  She's in the 75th percentile for weight, and 50th for height.  Her head circumference is still in the 95th percentile.  Dr. P had originally said he wanted to run some tests if her head was still measuring large this time, but decided against that yesterday.  He said it felt perfect and symmetrical, and he believes her head shape is just "blocky" (bless!) but completely normal.  She was the biggest ham during her appointment, and kept everyone entertained.

3| Indecisive
We've been in our house for seven years.  It's time to do some home maintenance, beginning with paint.  I dread this because I'm terrible at making decisions.  

4| Date Night...Kind of 
Aniston spent the night with her grandparents on Thursday night, so B, Harper, and I were on our own.  B picked up dinner and we spent the evening watching episode after episode of Turn on Netflix.  It was the best night!

5| Lowering Standards
Recently, I read an article about motherhood and the stress of keeping up with everything.  The author suggested that, to be happy, the answer is to lower your standards for how neat and organized your home should be...and then lower them again.  Isn't that the truth?!  Our house is definitely not the same as before we had the girls!  I spend a lot of time being frustrated about how many things I have to constantly pick up or clean, especially during the summer when the girls and I are home all the time.  This week, I've made more of an effort to let things go--within reason, of course. I'm basically referring to the toys in the living room.  Toys are a part of life right now, and a lot of Harper's toys are big and bulky.  Instead of worrying with the toys constantly throughout the day, I've just spent time keeping up with other areas and we pick up the toys before bed.  It has made such a difference in my attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment