Sunday, March 12, 2017

A New Car and a Singing Shrimp

Life is going well lately.  We're just humming along in a steady stream of work, homework, dinner, house stuff, repeat.  It would be boring, but it's busy, plus we have two kids and I spend my day with third graders, so boring is never a word I'm comfortable using describing any part of my life.

The biggest thing that has happened in the past couple of weeks is that we bought a new car.  We were pushed over the edge on a warm Saturday that involved both a stroller and a shopping trip, which included going to Sam's.  We realized that we had to have something bigger, or else we were going to lose our minds in the process of going places as a family.  (First world problems, obviously.)  In the search for a larger car, we just couldn't bring ourselves to buy a minivan.  Call it a refusal to accept our current position in life or whatever, but we just couldn't.  So after some research, we settled on a Honda Pilot. We like Hondas, have had great success with them in the past (B's first Civic had over 200,000 miles on it and would have still be going, I'm sure, had it not been for a deer), and the Pilots no longer look like boxes.  I was not extremely happy to give up my Accord, which I loved, but, alas, responsibility and practicality won and I'm driving the Pilot.  To compromise, we kept my Accord and traded B's car, but it's now his because I have a four minute drive to work and Honda clearly, ah-hem, stretched the truth a bit when they estimated the gas mileage of the Pilot.

Anyway, the new car is nice and has more bells and whistles, so to speak, than I've ever had before. So many, in fact, that the first morning I drove it I was almost late because I couldn't figure out how to work it.  Which is sad.

But after driving it for a week and a half, it doesn't feel quite so big and I'm more comfortable with it. And it has Sirius radio with a Margaritaville station, so there's that.



On a completely random and unrelated note, there's an ad on Hulu lately for MailChimp. It shows a shrimp (MailShrimp) inside a sandwich (which is just a disgusting thought in general) singing.  A singing, nasty shrimp. It may be the grossest thing I've seen in a long time.  I'm not sure why it's so disturbing, but it makes my skin crawl every time I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment